The State Bank of India (SBI) is the country’s oldest bank. It was known as the Bank of Calcutta when it was created in 1806. It has maintained a 200-year tradition and has shown to be the most trustworthy bank in the country. SBI is India’s largest bank, with a quarter of the market share. Its headquarters are in Mumbai.
It’s now simple to move your State Bank of India (SBI) account from one branch to another. You no longer need to go to the bank to get your branch relocated. It can be completed from the convenience of your own home. In the wake of the Covid 19 outbreak, the State Bank of India has been providing a slew of new online services to help customers avoid becoming infected.
SBI account customers are no longer required to visit the bank to move their accounts. Due to the coronavirus outbreak, digital contactless service has been prioritized.
We find it tough to visit the base branch anytime there is a problem or even for minor issues when we move from one location to another.
Using Yono SBI, you can move your SBI Bank account to another branch in the following steps:
Step 1: On your phone, download the SBI Yono app.
Step 2: From the drop-down menu, choose ‘Services.’
Step 3: Select ‘Transfer of Savings Account’ from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Next, provide the essential information about the savings account you want to transfer, as well as the new branch code, and select the Get Branch Name option.
Step 5: The new branch name will appear, and if it is correct, click the ‘Submit’ button.
Step 6: Double-check all of the details before submitting your final request.
If you wish to transfer your SBI account from one branch to another and you are an SBI account holder, you don’t have to worry because the bank allows you can move from one branch to another in India. The prerequisites for transferring an SBI account to a different branch
- a request for a bank account transfer
- The branch code of the branch where you wish the transfer to be made.
- Photographs the size of a passport are available.
How to Make a Bank Account Transfer
- You must submit an application explaining why you want to move your account and your reasons for doing so.
- Write down the branch code, the bank’s name, the date, the mobile number, the signature, the account number, and the CIF number.
- Your account will be transferred to your new branch in about 7 days.
- To find out if your account has been transferred or not, call this toll-free number 1800112211 and speak with a representative, or go to your new branch to acquire this information.
You will receive a new passbook and cheque book once your account has been successfully transferred. If you don’t want a new passbook, you can indicate this while completing your transfer application.
Read More: BMW i4 eDrive40 – What you need to know
The following is the procedure for transferring accounts online:
1. Go to www.onlinesbi.com and fill out the form.
2. Select the ‘Personal Banking’ tab from the drop-down menu.
3. After that, you must log in with your username and password.
4. Select ‘e-services’ from the drop-down menu.
5. Next, choose ‘Transfer of savings account.’
6. Account information will be displayed, including the account number and branch name. After that, choose the account you want to transfer and enter the branch code you want it to go to.
7. Finally, choose a branch name and submit your request.
8. Next, you’ll need to double-check the account transfer details using both the old and new branch codes.
9. After you click the confirm button, an OTP will be issued to your registered phone number.
10. Click ‘Confirm’ after entering the OTP.
11. Your branch transfer request will be successfully registered after you click confirm.
Your account transfer is now complete. Take use of your new branch’s services and let them assist you.